I used to do these a lot more, but life got complicated and I got sicker. It’s sapped me of some of my joy. I’ll do my best here.
- I watched the A Football Life: Steve Largent on NFL Network. Really enjoyed it. What a great person and man. Inspiring.
- It was Olentangy Orange (my wife’s school) last football game. We didn’t make it to any HS games. It’s not easy when your kid goes to bed at 6 PM. We had dinner with my family instead.
- Warren Moon’s football life is on now.
- #18 Memphis beat Tulsa 66-42!
- #1 Ohio State at Rutgers 8 PM
- #15 Texas A&M at #24 Ole Miss
- #6 Clemson at Miami
- #9 Florida State at Georgia Tech
- #3 Utah at USC
- Washington at #10 Stanford
- My wife and I are taking our 11-month old to a pumpkin patch. Somewhere. I love that kid so much!
SUNDAY (holy shit, it’s week seven)
- Well, there’s the 9:30 AM simulcast of Jaguars vs. Bills on Yahoo from Wembley Stadium where Bret Hart dropped the strap to the British Bulldog (R.I.P.). I’ll get up, get some coffee, and watch that for sure.
- At 1:oo, the Buccaneers and Jameis Winston play in Washington. They have to have this game. They can get to .500! Biggest game of the season so far for Tampa Bay.
- New Orleans at Indianapolis – I really can’t wait to see Andrew Luck respond. Two fun but mediocre teams playing in the dome.
- At 4:25 ET, Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants. You’ve got Matt Cassel headed to the Land of the Sopranos. My wife’s team will be on the main tv. This game falls during when my daughter gets so pissed off and gets tired.
- Sunday Night Football: Philadelphia at Carolina. The Grandaddy of them all so far this year. Panthers on SNF with a chance to keep proving they’re for real.
I think they’re going to wear the all black uniforms.