Thought I would throw a few Carson Wentz links up late night:
- The Eagles want to make sure Carson Wentz is on board with their off-season moves. [PFT]
- How high is Carson Wentz’s ceiling? [Bleeding Green Nation]
- The Eagles are disciplined to building around Carson Wentz. [PFT]
- Carson Wentz’ scouting report. [Pro Football Focus]
- Carson Wentz has had a great start to his offseason. [Gary Cobb]
- Another great scouting report from this time last year. This compares him to Ben Roethlisberger. [Sports Illustrated]
- Five moves to help Carson Wentz. [Fox Sports]
- That day in November when the Eagles and their rookie QB beat the Super Bowl bound Atlanta Falcons. [Pro Football Reference]
This past season, the love I had for NFL just seems to disappear. All I cared about was who I had money on, or who I needed for my pick em’. I didn’t even put that much effort into fantasy football. I just didn’t really care. I thought it was a combination of things. Having a two year old and a newborn might have been it. The Kaepernick and anthem bullshit made me feel betrayed. But I just wasn’t inspired and didn’t care. The NFL did something to turn me off, spare a few nights when I really thought it was great.
One of those nights I felt invested was on December 22nd, a few days before Christmas when the Eagles played the Giants and won 24-19 in Philadelphia. The Eagles pulled off a nice upset, and while Wentz didn’t have a great game, he really showed toughness in the win. I said to myself I really like this kid a lot after a season of up’s and down’s.
He hit Nelson Agholor for a 40-yard touchdown early in the game, and I said ‘what an arm’.
Today I purchased a pre-order of the Carson Wentz figure coming out next year.
I need a new horse, so badly. Someone that really interests me week in and week out. Wentz could be that guy, easily. The Eagles could be a reason I buy Madden one more time.
This is something to keep an eye on. This could bring this blog back to life.