This is interesting, I would bet that Carson Wentz and Nick Foles for instance; were Trump voters.
The Chris Long’s, Malcolm Jenkins’ types are such a part of this problem.
The World Champions are a disrespectful group that do not care about alienating their customers. I cannot wait to root against them for their embarrassing bullshit in 2018.
- The NFL Turned the Draft into a Festival, and it worked in Philly. [Deadspin]
- Guy who watches the draft every year (awesome read). [Deadspin]
- The NFL set up the draft on the Rocky Steps, in front of the Museum. [Deadspin]
- Grading every Eagles draft pick. [Sports Illustrated]
- Carson Wentz took his lineman out hunting. [Deadspin]
- The NFL draft being in Philly was a homegame for NFL Films. [NFL Films Blog]
The Philadelphia Eagles have made a couple quiet but savvy moves early in free agency, bringing back Nick Foles on a two-year contract and signing stud guard Chance Warmack (former top 10 pick in the draft) to a one-year $2 million dollar deal.
Warmack is a road grader blocking guard; who should help in the run game and reunites with former OL coach Doug Pederson. Foles had a near MVP as the starter in Philadelphia and should Carson Wentz miss any time, he’s an excellent back-up quarterback with the experience he has.
I’ve always liked Albert Breer, and he’s in podcast form now straight out of The MMQB talking about how they went and got Carson Wentz in last year’s draft.
The good dialogue starts around the 22:40 mark in the audio clip above.
To be honest it sounds like Roseman just sounds relieved to have Wentz. He compares the Eagles now to the spots the 2004 Giants, Chargers, and Steelers have put themselves in to where they’re still building around the guy they drafted back in that draft some 13+ years ago.
And the Eagles are starting to build around their guy. There are still rumors of them doing something to get Brandon Cooks from the New Orleans Saints.
Thought I would throw a few Carson Wentz links up late night:
- The Eagles want to make sure Carson Wentz is on board with their off-season moves. [PFT]
- How high is Carson Wentz’s ceiling? [Bleeding Green Nation]
- The Eagles are disciplined to building around Carson Wentz. [PFT]
- Carson Wentz’ scouting report. [Pro Football Focus]
- Carson Wentz has had a great start to his offseason. [Gary Cobb]
- Another great scouting report from this time last year. This compares him to Ben Roethlisberger. [Sports Illustrated]
- Five moves to help Carson Wentz. [Fox Sports]
- That day in November when the Eagles and their rookie QB beat the Super Bowl bound Atlanta Falcons. [Pro Football Reference]